Register for iPad Media Camp in Summer 2014 in Illinois, Texas, Kansas & Oklahoma!
Category : Workshops
- 10-12 June 2014: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 16-18 June 2014: Houston, Texas (Elementary teachers only)
- 24-26 June 2014: Loves Park, Illinois
- 8-10 July 2014: Manhattan, Kansas
iPad Media Camp* is a three day series of hands-on workshops designed to inspire and equip educators to facilitate student media projects using iPads. Participants should BYOI (bring your own iPad) to camp. iPad Media Camp is led and facilitated by Dr. Wesley Fryer, author of the 2013 ebooks, “Mapping Media to the Common Core: Vol 1” and “Hopscotch Challenges: Learn to Code on an iPad!” and the 2011 ebook “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing.” 2014 will be the third summer of iPad Media Camps!
The daily agenda for each day of iPad Media Camp is available. Daily topics include:
- Day 1: Narrated Art, Screencasting and Narrated SlideShows
- Day 2: Quick Edit Videography
- Day 3: Interactive Writing and eBooks
Check out how the curriculum of iPad Media Camp has evolved and changed since 2011 when it started on our curriculum site (wiki.ipadmediacamp.com) powered by Google sites. Select the session you want to view in the left sidebar of the site. Curriculum for summer 2014 will be shared publicly as sessions are offered in June and July.
by Wesley Fryer
Registration for Summer 2014 iPad Media Camps is open to all PK-20 educators, with the exception of 16-18 June 2014 (Houston, Texas) which is only open to elementary teachers. The Houston iPad Media Camp will be co-led / co-facilitated by Gail Lovely and Wesley Fryer. The other three sessions will be led/facilitated by Wes.
Check out this two minute video trailer for iPad Media Camp to learn more!
Some reactions and quotations from participants in past iPad Media Camps include:
Dr. Fryer made the impossible happen for me. I was able to create movies and books! I’m an old dog and he made it fun and easy to learn new tricks. Great workshop and a great presenter.
If you are interested in coming up with innovative ways to engage your students in class with media they are truly interested in, you need to attend this camp. The things I’ve learned in this camp, and others taught by Wes, have made my class exciting for kids to attend and helped make them responsible media creators.
Go directly to Media Camp. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200! It was so worth my time. Even old dogs can learn new tricks! Thank you for all your hard work.
I hope to see you at an iPad Media Camp this summer!
* iPad Media Camp is an independent workshop and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc. See “Guidelines for Using Apple Trademarks and Copyrights” for more information. Direct all questions about iPad Media Camp to Wesley Fryer.